Aromatherapy is a holistic healing treatment that uses natural plant extracts to promote health and well-being. These plant extracts are also known as essential oils and can be used during a massage, the oil or cream are absorbed into the body or via the olfactory system which is by smelling them. The scent of things change how we feel, imagine how the smell of chocolate, freshly cooked bread and freshly brewed coffee makes you feel or fresh cut grass! We can also add these essential oils to the bath so we can bathe in them. Whichever way you decide, you’ll benefit from the powers of essential oils, mother nature’s gift of medicine!
We use essential oils in all of our massage oils, Lisa’s background is Aromatherapy and although her preference is more of a deeper massage she’s glad she has her aromatherapy qualification so she can make up her own oils and occasionally tailor them to the clients individual needs so they have a more bespoke treatment. So, if you visit us for a general massage whether it’s a deep tissue or a sports you’ll find that in the massage blend there’s…
- Which increases circulation so new blood carrying oxygen and nutrients can flow to the areas we are working on
- It reduces pain and inflammation that leads to pain & swelling in muscles and swelling & stiffness in joints
- When inhaled it helps to combat stress, insomnia, anxiety and mood swings. Rosemary reduces the production of Cortisol, the stress hormone which suppresses your immune system and causes insomnia which can cause mood swings and many more problems
We also have
- Which reduces inflammation
- It increases circulation
- Reduces pain
- Believe it or not black pepper is high in anti-oxidants and has the ability to regulate blood sugar and cholesterol levels as well as improve brain function
And finally there’s
- It’s antiseptic so it’s great for all skin types
- It soothes the nervous system and helps relieve anxiety, depression and fatigue
- Eases headaches and tension helping the body and mind to relax
- Lavender is also an antioxidant and has the ability to combat the signs of ageing and oxidative damage in the body
These oils have many more uses and those are just a few.
So now can you see why we blend our own massage oils at The Leamington Therapy Centre? This way you’re not just getting a massage you’re getting a holistic, whole body and mind experience.
If you’d like to order any Aromatherapy essential oils or products Lisa has an online Neal’s Yard shop.